- “Contemporary Antisemitism in Higher Education: Manifestations, Sources, and Responses.” A statement by the participants of “Contemporary Antisemitism in Higher Education”, a workshop convened at the Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, July 26-August 6, 2010.
- Gerstenfeld, Manfred, Editor, Academics Against Israel and the Jews. Jerusalem: Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, 2007.
- Marcus, Kenneth L., Jewish Identity and Civil Rights in America. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Pollack, Eunice G., Editor, Antisemitism on the Campus: Past & Present. Boston: Academic Studies Press, 2011.
- “Task Force on Anti-Semitism at the University of California, Irvine, Report,” Orange County Independent Task Force on Anti-Semitism, February 12, 2008. http://octaskforce.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/orange-county-task-force-report-on-anti-semitism-at-uci.pdf
- Tobin, Gary A., Weinberg, Aryeh K., and Ferer, Jenna, The Uncivil University: Intolerance on College Campuses, Revised Edition. New York: Lexington Books, 2009.
- “U. S. Commission on Civil Rights, Campus Anti-Semitism, Briefing Report,” May, 2006.
Legal Remedies to Campus Anti-Semitism
U.S. 1964 Civil Rights Law Title VI
- Marcus, Kenneth L. “The New OCR Antisemitism Policy,” Journal for the Study of Antisemitism, Vol.2, No. 2, 2010
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, “Dear Colleague Letter”, October 26, 2010. http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/letters/colleague-201010.html
Current Title VI Complaints Filed with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights
- Complaint against UC Santa Cruz, filed by Tammi Rossman-Benjamin in 2009, alleging that the virulent anti-Israel rhetoric of faculty in their classrooms and at departmentally sponsored events had created a hostile environment for Jewish students on her campus. http://chronicle.com/article/Education-Dept-Investigates/126742
- Complaint against Columbia University, filed by Kenneth H. Marcus in September,2011. Schmidt, Peter. Federal Bias Inquiry Assumes Students, Like Home Buyers, Can Be Illegally “Steered,” The Chronicle of Higher Education, October 11, 2011. http://chronicle.com/article/Federal-Investigation-Assumes/129348/
- Complaint against Rutgers University, filed by ZOA in July, 2011. “ZOA Files Complaint Against Rutgers with Office for Civil Rights because of Hostile Environment for Jewish Students, “July 20, 2011.
Federal and State Lawsuits
- “Lawsuit Details Depth of Berkeley Jewish Student Harassment,” IPT News, August 12, 2011